I am dating dating "Scott" a wonderful man. We are both divorced and have children from our previous marriages. Scotts two adolescent children live with him . My only child is on her own. Scott and I want to marry, and his two children approve. When I spend weekends at his home he seems to have no rules.
Scotts bedroom is next to the family room and his kids stay there well past 11 pm most nights. Scotts tells them they should be in bed but they ignore him and keep the TV blaring. Scott leaves the door open until they all go to bed even if we have to be up early for work the next day. I am usually too exhausted for intimacy. the entire arrangement makes me angry. I have told Scott if we are to be married there must be changes, he then accuses me of picking on his kids saying i don't really love them. Scott wants me to cook and clean but have no say in the household. I feel like an outsider, when his teenage son brings his girlfriend around I have to go into another room. I don't want to live like this any suggestions?

Not sure in the west country.


Dear Not sure in the west country

Get out now, Scott is a twat. He feels so guilty at having gotten divorced that he won't dare discipline his kids as he thinks they have been through enough. He doesn't see you as an equal so say Scott yer a dick I'm off, hire yerself a hoose keeper cos that's all you want.
Leaving the room so his son can have some alone time? fuck off I bet he lets them drink in the hoose because its better them doing it there than somewhere else, fuck those idiots annoy me, the cool buddy parent type. get out before yer kid ends up like them.
If you must stay then you have to beat the shit out of Scott in front of the kids to show yer dominance and then lay doon the law.

No comments: